Training and Outreach
Speech and Language Therapy Outreach Service is offering bespoke consultation and/or training packages for your setting.
There is a flexible range of options, so all details can be tailored to meet the needs of your setting, staff and service users.
This could include:
- bespoke CPD sessions for your staff
- Learning Walks in your setting
- observations with feedback
- the full range of Elklan courses (e.g. ‘Speech and Language Support for 5-11s’) – please see their website www.elklan.co.uk for more details
- official Makaton training at Foundation and/or Enhancement level – please see their website www.makaton.org for more details
- official Makaton Taster Workshop – this one-off introductory taster session lasts 90 minutes and is suitable for anyone interested in the Makaton language programme (signs and symbols). It is partially customisable to the setting and/or group.
Please contact Ellie to find the best option to suit your budget, setting and needs. We look forward to working with you!
“I enjoyed learning about practical ways to help a child improve their communication”
“Very applicable to the children I teach”
“I liked the direct link between the course content and the classroom”
“Looking at the communication chain at the start really had me hooked—I can use it to see where a child’s strengths are and learned throughout the course how to then support them to move on”